Friday, July 07, 2006

Peaches!

I'm going to Costa Rica in January! My sister, dad, and myself have always talked about how someday in life we'd like to go. Turns out though I'm not going w/either of them though...but my mommy will be there! I've never traveled outside of the country before : / Not even to canada and I used to live like 45 minutes from Canada. Thus, I need a passport. So I got all my stuff together and went down to the post office today for them to tell me that I had to go to the post office down town. So downtown I went. The passport office is this small tiny room.

I walked in and took a seat. The two passport employees were talking w/a woman who purchased something from Lativia and apparently she never recieved it. It was some gold brouche and they told her they bet she was scammed...yikes! (not quite sure she was in the passport office for this)

Anyway, once they figured all that out they called me over. I lay out my two pictures, driver's license, Birth Certificate and application. My birth certificate looks like you printed it up in microsoft works...so not very official looking. Of course the woman stares at it and asks where it's from and I tell her I printed it up off my computer right before I got here. Actually no, I tell her it is from California and that's just how it is so deal! As I'm writing my checks to pay the phone rings and she answers w/her post office greeting and says her name is Peaches! I chuckled a little in my head. The only person by the name of Peaches I've ever heard of is the singer.

Anyway, that was my trip to apply for my passport...Costa Rica here I come!

No comments: