Sunday, January 06, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008

It's been almost a year since I have written last. I've decided to review my life the past year and also what I'm hoping/planning for this year.

2007
Work
So this past year overall I've been pretty succesful in my job. Probably the most exciting thing was leaving 24 hours and resuming normal business hours. Let's just say it saved me from having a nervous breakdown at age 25! After that things have been (mostly) smooth sailing. There are always the ups and downs, but I've come to realize that and know it's just a nature of the business. My peers are awesome. We know we are there for and support each other 100%. My boss and I have established a very good, respectful working relationship. My company has had a little rougher of a year than they have had, but I still love it.

Friends
I have definitely established some really strong friendships this last year. I of course still have my best friends Kelly, Suzanne, Kate and Alexa. We all live in different areas so we don't see each other nearly as often but I guess that's part of everyone growing up and doing their own things! As for my friends here I have a group of 3 friends who are great. We did some fun things, like going to nearly every fair/festival/ thing in the area. We learned disc golf together which we all really, really enjoy. We've had fun just getting together and laughing. We helped michele w/painting her new house and then had many bbq's there! It was lots of fun times with them!

Love...or I guess I should say like
So for those of you who don't know...? I joined match.com this year. After turning 25 I was like hmm I need to find more ways to meet guys! So i decided on match.com as one way. I met two guys from it this past year that I enjoyed time with, however...no love..so just like!

Me
I lost 30 pounds this year! I can't even believe that I had 30 lbs. to loose but I did and I'm proud of myself. I did it through better eating and more physical activity...go me! I own my car now...no more car payments. I started looking in to purchasing a house or townhouse/condo at the same time debating if this place is where I want to be or not. I discovered disc golf through by brother and love it. I was asked to be the maid of honor in one of my best friend's wedding in June '08. I went to my family reunion with my mom this past summer and saw a lot of family I hadn't seen in a long time which was great. ohhh and I turned 25...quarter of a century!

Here's what I'm hoping for in 2008...
I've decided that I'll probably be here for at least another year. I'm still undecided about the house thing so I think I'm putting that on hold in some ways. I still want to talk to someone and learn more about purchasing a home for the first time, so I plan on doing that. Professionally, I plan on taking myself and my store to the next level. I have the right people in place so we'll see what we can do. I'm taking on a new approach to dating. I plan on really dating...so rather than settling in to something I want to go out w/multiple guys and then if I find myself becoming more interested in one then seeing them exclusively. Through match.com and my friend who is now planning on introducing me to all her single guy friends maybe I can find my true love! I plan on continuing to get myself more fit. I am looking in to types of exercise programs/gyms for the cold months and can't wait to get outside once it gets warmer out.

well I think that's about it for my first blog in a long time...more to come soon.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I'm still waiting on another blog...;)